Bananarama Brain Food Super Smoothie
Rich in essential fatty acids, Magnesium, potassium, calcium, dietary fibre & proteins just to name a few. This super smoothie will have you nourished after your morning of family fun training for the greatest athlete obstacle race. As the smoothie is Rich in Omegas 3 for a sharp mind, proteins for a strong body & complex carbohydrates for sustained energy levels it really will have you bouncing on through your day.
“Eat well, Move well, Feel well, Live well” #makeithappen
· X1 Banana
· ½ Cup of raw walnuts (soaked overnight)
· X4 dates (soaked overnight)
· ¼ teaspoon of Cinnamon powder
· 1 heaped dessert spoon of Pea protein or a natural whey protein powder
· 1 heaped dessert spoon of LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal)
· 200ml of Almond milk
1. In your blender add you’re broken up banana & all of your dry ingredients.
2. Chop up your dates and add into the blender along with some of the water that dates were soaking in as this is acts as an all natural sweetener.
3. Rinse, drain & roughly chop your walnuts. Add into the blender.
4. Pour in your almond milk cover & blend until smooth.
5. Pour into your serving glass & enjoy!
· Soaking your nuts activates them. This means they are now a live food containing essential enzymes that will improve digestion & absorption of nutrients.
· Soaking your sun dried fruits of choice will create a liquid that can act as your natural sweetener replacing refined sugars, artificial sweeteners & nasty chemicals.
· Pop your banana in the fridge or freezer the night before which will add a nice ice touch to your smoothie.
· Depending on the consistency of your smoothie feel free to add some filtered water with your almond milk if you find the smoothie to thick.
· When using cinnamon powder always make sure its sugar free & pure as many on the market contain high amounts of refined sugars.