Naturally Abundant Eggs
Now, there is nothing better then a fresh, organic & warm hens egg to kick start your day! Let me tell you Why, What & How are the best eggs for you.
Why, you ask? Eggs are packed with an abundance of essential vitamins & minerals, nutrients to truly nourish your soul, low in saturated fats & rich in the following nutrients.
- Vitamin B12 - Important for Red blood cell production, Nervous system & Carbohydrate/Fat Metabolism. B12 is rich in the egg yolk.
- Folate - Important for Reproductive health, Gastrointestinal system e.g digestive health & Cardiovascular health.
- Protein - Rich in Protein at about 11g per serve & as we all know Protein is not only the building blocks for our bodies but serves as a great energy source.
- Vitamin A - Essential for Vision, Tissue Growth, Antioxidant for Oxidative stress & has also be known as the"Anti-infective" Vitamin.
- Vitamin E - Antioxidant E neutralises free radical damage, reduces the production of scar tissue & increases immune system functions.
- Selenium - Enhances Immune function, Healthy Thyroid function & also appears to be involved in the regulation of a healthy cholesterol HDL:LDL Ratio.
- Omega 3 - Our EFA's meaning essential fatty acids are imperative for the protection of all cells in our bodies, play a fundamental role in brain health, heart health & have an Anti-inflammatory response for healthy joints.
What eggs do I buy?
When buying your little cartons of golden eggs always be sure to be purchasing CAGE FREE, Free Range, Organic eggs. Buy doing this you are avoiding harmful exposure to antibiotics, hormones & other free radical damage. Looking after our environment & eating sustainably helps to keep our planet green, clean & in balance with food & life. Respecting all creatures big, small & nurturing their life force in which these abundant little eggs come from keeps a happy Eco cycle.
How? Below is a recipe for my "From Earth Frittata" enjoy!
Cooking time: 30mins
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Kale or Spinach
- 4 Broccoli florets
- 1 Zucchini
- 3 Mushrooms
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Asparagus Spears
- 1 Handful of fresh Basil & Parsley
- 2 Tbs Cold pressed Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Filtered Water
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees for about 15mins prior to preparation.
- Dice up all of your kale, mushrooms, basil, parsley & place in a bowl. Only use half of your herbs as you will be using the rest later as a fresh & tasty garnish.
- Grate your zucchini & add to the mix. Use your hands to get an even mix of all the ingredients
- In a large bowl crack all 6 eggs along with your olive oil & water, set to the side. slice your tomato into 4 slices & trim the ends of your asparagus.
- take your oven safe fry pan & on a moderate heat add in your egg mixture & vegetable mix, making sure the mix is equal across the pan. Cover & heat for 5 minutes until set.
- Place your tomato & asparagus on top of the frittata as pictured, drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil to finish & place in the oven for around 10-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Times based on a gas stove top & gas oven. Enjoy with a side salad rich in variety & raw goodness for the perfect balance.
If you have any Questions on eggs, Eco sustainability & further egg recipes feel free to email me or comment below. Enjoy the nourishment that nature provides us through wholefoods & nurture your not only your body but the world around you.